Monday, September 18, 2006

Vienna Brussels Rainy Heidelberg and politics

Today is the first day that we have rain. In heidelberg of all places. the people who bought the optional are a bit upset of course, but somehow do not complain at all. i just sent them off with the local guides.

I like heidelberg, i even like guiding in the castle which we have to do ourselves, but i do not like our visit to the fraternity house. fraternities are something from the past. nothing i want to be associated with. very elite and arrogant. the majority of the people agree with me on that.

it is nice being back in heidelberg. i will do some more walking around. i talk to the people about my time here. i like talking about it. this was a cool period in my life.

i was just asked about my political opinion. the people who asked me are really left wing anti bush unitarians. i tried to be diplomatic but they really wanted to know what i vote. fortunatly enough the local guides just arrived. it is a bit difficult at times when they ask you that. four of my group are proud of bush although they looked very liberal to me. they do not expect me to be pro bush but i cannot be anti bush either. i diplomatically tell them i understand why people vote for bush. oh well.

i think it is 55-45 on the ship. 45 being the supporters of bush. the anti bush people just express their opinion stronger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home