Saturday, January 27, 2007

006 Amtrak ride

Ray was surprised to learn that I would prefer taking the train to New York than taking a flight. My god! If I can take a train why wouldn’t I take it? It’s like with the commuter bus! Watch your luggage! Don’t fall asleep! Those were his warning. Yeah. Sure, I’ll watch my stuff. But I’m on the train now and I’m surrounded by normal people. I’m in the quiet car, where talking and using the cell phone is prohibited. Cool! It’s pretty full. I got on the regional train from Washington to New York, which takes about 3,5 hours or so and I got on at the BWI airport as that’s where Ray flew to Atlanta from. It cost me 69 dollars, but if I would have bought it earlier it would have been cheaper. Anyways, the train was a few minutes late, but I didn’t care that much. The seat I’m sitting in is very comfortable. I actually really love it; Very spacious for a train and the overhead compartments are big enough for suitcases. I think a third of the people here are using a laptop. Some read. The majority is white, apart from the conductor. We just passed Philadelphia. I would have wanted to visit that city too, but I’ll do that some other time. With Hilde maybe. No, I’ve been on the train for almost two hours now and I can honestly recommend it to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home