Saturday, January 20, 2007

001 Back to the US of A

I can't help it. I will visit the usa again. There's plenty of countries out there that are worth visiting, but I somehow am again attracted to go to the states. A part of me feels forced to visit another country, but another part of me just wants to have a relaxed holiday.

I don't have a plan. It's 'up in the air' as one of my passengers wrote me, when I told him I have no idea when I would be in Miami. He's one of the many passengers who have invited me over to their homes in the States. I actually like the idea of visiting them. I really want to do a Home Hosted tour once. From Seattle to Miami or from Portland to San Diego. Or just from Coast to Coast. Other people have done it before me, like Bill Bryson for instance, a travel writer I would love to be associated with.

But for now, the plan is unclear. I fly to Baltimore Airport, where I'll meet an acquaintance who I once met in Brussels. He works in Annapolis and that's where I'll stay for a few days. Probably visit Washington DC which is nearby. And then I'm heading to New York, where I'll meet two other friends. But after that: one big question mark.

I"ll try to keep you updated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home