Wednesday, February 07, 2007

PR 5 Puerto Rios

On a small note. Just as a test, I asked 20 people if they knew Gabriel Rios and only one person (the bar tender of the gay bar in the hotel) knew who he was. Most other people (young, educated, older, music loving taxi drivers, …) had no clue who he was, but were very interested in hearing me talk about him. I don’t like Rios and his music; I don’t think it’s anything special. I’ve seen him live a few times and I thought he sucked (he doesn’t address the audience), I watched him parade with an ugly model girlfriend at the Cactus festival in Bruges last year, I’ve heard him during interviews: not my kind of guy. I don’t even understand why people think he’s attractive. But it was nice to know that nobody knew him in Puerto Rico. Let him never tell people otherwise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home